These products could be useful
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND AND DETAILS ABOUT THE PRODUCT
After closing of production of Panther-Store British Battledress blouses and trousers we have successfully moved the original materials and designs which were used for their production from Brno, Czechia to Nemšová, Slovakia to retain the heritage of these supreme quality products for reenactors all on the Globe. We know that Panther-Store has had just the best references what was put into the life by very personal approach of David M to his customers. For a long time, we have had an excellent personal and friendly relation with him, and we proudly sold dozens of parts of British battledress sets. Unfortunately, after summer tragedy for all reenactors´ family, remained our hands empty. In this sad situation we have not wanted to substitute the ultimate quality British battledress sets by cheap solutions from many well know sellers or producers as we are sure that the highest quality and a good selling prices are very important.
Under this item we are providing to you late variant of wool Battledress Blouse, Serge, that is sometimes named as 1937 Pattern. Blouse was introduced into British Royal Army in accordance with Specification U/617 from June 6, 1940, pattern no. 11456. Blouse has been just the modification of earlier Serge Blouse and no new pattern how it is sometimes wrongly marked as Battledress Blouse, 1940 Pattern as in real it is just III. amendment of Battledress Blouse, Serge (1937 Pattern). This wrong designation was caused by producers of British Battledress, Serge in 40´s of XX. century by using of new labels, which were already prepared for the new forthcoming British Battledress uniforms, 1940 Pattern (Austerity). The parts of British Battledress were for Czechoslovak Military Units in USSR delivered via Murmansk (Arkhangelsk) Run from Great Britain. Also, these ones were used by Czechoslovak officers which were arriving to USSR from Great Britain or Middle East. The late variant of British Battledress, Serge has been used in USSR from spring 1942 even to the end of WW2.